Wednesday, May 16, 2012

travel notes

I am writing this from the 11th floor apartment of my daughter in Beijing China.    I have not ventured out much as  my purpose was to spend time with my granddaughter.  And that I am.  I can't comprehend 17 million people in a city.  We took a walk the other evening.  On one side of the street were hair salons, stores and on the other side, just back along the side of a building was a piece of what looked like  metal sheet roofing marking a space with a man huddled and  doing some kind of shoe repair.    There are lanes for  driving cars and there are special lanes alongside for those riding bikes.  Some of the bikes just look old and worn.  I wondered how many miles some of those simple frames have carried their riders.  And I haven't figured out the rules for parking.  Maybe there are no rules.  But, I am sure there are.  There are lots of rules in this country.

While my days here have been only a few,  I have some more venturing out to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics